"Squire" Ballentine Schoolhouse
Believed to have been provided by J. D. Ballentine, circa 1875, the building served as a school and later as a cottage near the Mineral Spring. Given to the town by the Aiken family, the two-room building features artifacts from the areaʼs early schools and tells a wonderful story!
Among the artifacts displayed in the Schoolhouse Museum is the first diploma from the Fuquay Springs High School. Additional documentary materials are located here.
Special tours are enjoyed by school classes who have difficulty fathoming the "way it was back then." Books and writing are studied along with discussion of the "lashes" used for punishment.
Support the preservation and sharing of Fuquay-Varina's history. Become a Friend of the Museums!